Just Move It Health & Fitness Pty Ltd ABN 17895 404 040 (Just Move It Health & Fitness, we, our or us) appreciates the importance of protecting your personal information and recognises the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us.
Just Move It Health & Fitness will control the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Definition of personal information
The expression ‘personal information’ is defined in the Privacy Acts as information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection and use of personal information
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you depends on the transactions you undertake with us.
The kinds of information that we collect and hold may include:
- contact details (i.e. contact address(es), contact number(s), email address)
- date of birth
- Health and fitness data collected by us during the course of your membership and any other details provided to us by yourself
- other information relevant to the services provided by Just Move It Health & Fitness that may be of interest to assist you further your health and fitness journey
Typical situations when Just Move It Health & Fitness will collect personal information from you, is if you:
- apply to join Just Move It Health & Fitness as a member or submit an employment application
- subscribe to our newsletters, magazines or other publications
- register or renew through the website
- register for an event
- purchase a product
- use our website or mobile app
How Just Move It Health & Fitness collects personal information
As far as possible, Just Move It Health & Fitness will collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. If Just Move It Health & Fitness collects information about you from someone else, Just Move It Health & Fitness will, whenever reasonably possible, make you aware that Just Move It Health & Fitness has done this and circumstances of that collection.
In particular, Just Move It Health & Fitness will collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
Collection from third parties:
Just Move It Health & Fitness will collect personal information from external service provider to whom Just Move It Health & Fitness has contracted out for specific purposes. Just Move It Health & Fitness will also collect personal information from third parties who offer products and services to Just Move It Health & Fitness’s members.
Just Move It Health & Fitness will also collect personal information for handling complaints and disciplinary proceedings about members or employees.
If you obtain services from third parties in conjunction with membership or registration with Just Move It Health & Fitness, the third parties may provide personal information such as the general nature of the work and costs, as far as it is permitted by law.
Collection from use of website or mobile app
If you use our website or mobile app, we may utilise ‘cookies’ and any other technologies, which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit our website / mobile app. A cookie or similar technology does not identify you personally but may identify your internet service provider, computer or mobile device. You can set your browser or mobile device to notify you when you receive a cookie or web beacon and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
Generally, the purpose of collection and holding personal information, and the minimum information you need to provide, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If we collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so with your consent, unless consent is not required by law. Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act and includes information about your membership in a professional association such as Just Move It Health & Fitness, health information and race origin.
You do not need to identify yourself when you deal with us (e.g. enquiring about membership or registration) but we can only provide information to those individuals who identify themselves (e.g. providing fitness services). However, if you choose not to provide the personal information requested, we may not be able to provide you with the information or products/services you require.
Unsolicited personal information
- that the unsolicited personal information has been collected;
- the circumstances of that collection; and
If we could not have collected the personal information had we solicited it, we will destroy the information or ensure it is de-identified as soon as practicable.
Purpose of collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information
The purposes of collecting, storing, using and disclosing your personal information may be to:
- verify your identity
- fulfil our functions as a health and fitness provider
- provide the products and services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- research and development of Just Move It Health & Fitness’s products and services
- maintain membership records
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs to provide you with a better service
- provide access to information about current and future services and benefits
- conduct research surveys and consultation to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of members
- provide Just Move It Health & Fitness partners with information so that they may contact you in relation to their products and services
- handle complaints about members or employees/contractors
- tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing. That is, to promote our products or services or those of third parties.
You expressly consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You also expressly consent for Just Move It Health & Fitness to disclose your personal information to our business partners or other third party providers to facilitate their sending direct marketing communications to you.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
In addition for the direct marketing purposes referred to above, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, which may include:
- external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service we have contracted
- our business partners that provide products and/or services to our members and/or registrants
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- our professional advisors
- our related companies
- other professional bodies
In these situations, Just Move It Health & Fitness prohibits the third party contractors from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which Just Move It Health & Fitness supply it. We will not disclose your personal information to business partners as described in this section above, if you advise us that you do not wish us to. Please refer to our contact details set out below.
Other than the above, Just Move It Health & Fitness will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
How Just Move It Health & Fitness holds personal information
Once we have collected personal information from you, Just Move It Health & Fitness transfers data to our servers in the [United States of America] for storage and processing. You consent to that transfer. As the Register and Directories are publicly available online, it can be viewed on the internet unless you have told us that you do not want your information to appear in the online Register and Directories.
Please also refer to our policy on data quality and security below.
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that personal information about you collected by us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We require that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your information.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If we no longer need your personal information for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed or required by law, we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
Access and correction of personal information
You can request access to, or ask us to correct, personal information about you that we hold by making a request in writing to Just Move It Health & Fitness. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Members and registrants can access and update their contact details and profiles by logging in to our website.
Resolving your concerns
If you wish to gain access or seek correction to your personal information, have complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or a registered APP code (if any) that binds Just Move It Health & Fitness, or you have any questions or concerns on how your personal information is handled, please address the issues to:
Shop 2/1 Forest Avenue, Kirwan Q 4817
Just Move It Health & Fitness will respond to your request, complaint or inquiry within a reasonable period.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of Australian Information Commissioner’s website on www.privacy.gov.au